Do you think you might be interested in volunteering at Plowshares?
For a commitment of a couple of hours a week, we can offer you the opportunity to help those in need, meet extraordinary people from all walks of life, and enjoy our free hot meals and continued appreciation. We have a wide range of volunteer times and jobs that fit many schedules and abilities. Most are once a week, for about two hours at a time:
- Cooks (you don’t need to know how to cook. We will teach you!) morning shifts available.
- Servers work for one hour at lunch or once a week or even once a month.
- Meals-on-Wheels drivers/runners (you don’t need a car, but you do need excellent character references for this) work from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm Monday – Friday.
- Clean-up help after meals is always appreciated and open to drop-ins.
- Newsletter/Administrative Assistance work in the office for a couple of morning or afternoon hours, or assist with the newsletter, build spreadsheets, update social media, or website from your own home.
- Gardening, maintenance, special projects, and other jobs are always available.
Does your company encourage Community Service? We organize corporate volunteers to work together as a team building effort.
Check out our Volunteer Handbook for more detailed information about Plowshares and volunteering here. If you like what you see, you can download and print our Volunteer Application then fill it in and mail or deliver it to our office, PO Box 475, 1346 S. State Street, Ukiah, CA 95482-0475.
For more information contact us by phone 462-8582.