Plowshares Peace and Justice Center
Join our team and make a positive impact in your community. Great benefits.
Program Assistant II
Salary Range: $12.00-$14.00
Hours: 25 hours/week, typically 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
A resume is required to be considered for this position.
The Program Assistant collaboratively works with the Leadership Team and Plowshares’ staff, volunteers, and community service workers to ensure the Plowshares dining hall, grounds, kitchen, personal care center, and community room are clean and well-maintained, and nutritious meals are prepared and served. The Program Assistant may serve as “lead” team member and guide volunteers and community service workers in required tasks. The Program Assistant may serve as Plowshares Driver. The Program Assistant is professional, organized, has good communication skills and is available to work some required weekends and holidays. The Program Assistant is expected to embrace Plowshares’ mission and philosophy.
- Present an open, positive, and professional image to all guests, volunteers, co-workers and general public by displaying general warmth and kindness in a friendly, courteous and respectful manner at all times and under all circumstances.
- Clean and maintain the kitchen, restrooms, dining hall, community room, personal care center, and grounds.
- Assist with inventory and orders.
- Drive the Plowshares’ van to pick up and deliver food.
- Assist in the coordination of meal planning and preparation.
- Lead volunteers and community service workers in daily cleaning, meal preparation, and serving.
- Be available to guests, staff, volunteers, and community service workers for special requests, complaints, and solving issues.
- Assure that facilities are safe, clean, and in compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Enforce Good Neighbor Policy with neighbors, guests, staff, and volunteers.
- Immediately report all incidents to member of Leadership Team.
- Assist in the coordinating and staffing of all special events and fundraisers.
- Work occasional weekends and/or holidays as required.
- Polished oral and written communication skills
- General office skills
- Ability to effectively work with guests in poverty, crisis, the mentally ill and developmentally disabled
- Problem solving/conflict resolution
- Ability to foster a cooperative atmosphere among staff, volunteers, and guests
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use of hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The position requires regular unassisted lifting of 25 lbs. or more.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position requires ability to work flexible hours and occasional Saturdays and Holidays.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous work experience in a commercial kitchen.
- Previous work experience in social services environment
Valid California Driver’s License with clean driving record
Must Pass Drug Test prior to hire and submit to random drug testing upon hire to ensure compliance with Plowshares’ drug-free workplace policy.
Please send resume to email@example.com